Share

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

100 Days of Crushing Rejection


Rejection. It hurts. Or at least we have convinced ourselves of that. As rejection sets in, we believe it has something to do with us. Rejection can be debilitating. It may stop us from chasing our dreams. From getting what we want.

Think about it. Have you decided against asking someone out because you were afraid they’d say no? What about trying to get that new job? Tell someone how you felt about them?

Rejection. It stops us in our tracks. Even just the perception of it, never knowing whether or not it would actually come true.

Well for me, rejection is a fear. And it’s real. I’ve convinced myself it’s not ok. So, over the last couple of months I’ve tried to change that; tried to work hard to get past this mental roadblock I’ve created over rejection. I’ve taken this time to do things I never thought I could. I haven’t succeeded at all, but I’ve learned a lot.

Recently I decided to take it up a notch. With the help of my cousin Nate Bagley, we created a group that has committed to doing one thing a week that scares the shit out of you.  Well then that didn’t see like enough. So Nate sent me this video where a gentleman decided to do something once a day for 100 days where you go out and look for rejection. At the time, this seemed like such a crazy concept. However, I decided that I was in. I would face my fear. We formed a group of 4 to hold each other accountable. It was also decided we would come up with challenges for one another to do.  It was important to me that the three other would follow through and were as crazy as I was.

This concept and idea got me excited but something happened as I received my first challenge today. I thought I couldn’t do it. Day one challenge one and I already said to myself, ‘I can’t do it.  That’s crazy!’ However, I committed and I’m all in. I’m ready to fail and fail big.

I’m certain I will post pictures and video as we all encounter different obstacles. This is something that absolutely scares the shit out of me. However, I understand chasing your dreams requires putting everything out there and being able to deal with the consequences.

As we go through this process hopefully we’ll realize that it’s the smallest things we are the most afraid of. And throughout the next 100 days I hope we learn to crush rejection.

If this scares you, join our 100 days of rejection. Getting more people to the party is always fun. If you choose to do it, have fun, good luck, and let us know how your journey is going!


As for me, I’m off to face my first rejection challenge. Take it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment